Forget Paris in the Springtime, Travel Europe in the Fall
MT. PLEASANT, S.C. — You may have heard there’s nothing quite like Paris in the springtime, but Breakaway Adventures, www.breakaway-adventures.com, a company that specializes in overseas walking and cycling tours, says autumn is actually the best time of year to take a European vacation.
Not only does the company offer reduced rates for their walking and cycling tours throughout the fall months, airlines prices are often lower, as well. Autumn is also wine harvesting season in Europe, and many of the company’s tours allow guests to enjoy wine tastings, providing a staff member to deliver wine purchases back to the hotel. The fall foliage is spectacular, and the weather is typically warm during the day and cooler in the evening — ideal for walking and cycling tours. Lastly, there are fewer tourists, as children are in school and the summer traveling season is winding down.
“Hands-down, fall is our favorite time to travel to Europe. Imagine walking through golden fields of sunflowers and forests of brightly-colored leaves and enjoying crisp evenings where you need only a sweater,” says Carol Keskitalo, co-owner of Breakaway Adventures. “With the crowds out of the way and lower prices, it makes a perfect getaway.”
Breakaway Adventures recommends the following guided European walking tours for fall:
- Best of Sicily Walk, an 8-day tour available selected dates from Sep. 9-Oct. 21 for $2045-$2097/person
- Sicily Volcano Hike, an 11-day tour available selected dates from Sep. 5-Oct. 17 for $2741-$2790/person
- Heart of Sardinia, an 8-day tour available selected dates from Sep. 2-30 for $2184-$2297/person
- Best of Andalucia, an 11-day tour available selected dates from Sep. 1-Oct. 27 for $2599-$2632/person
- Undiscovered Mallorca, an 8-day tour available selected dates from Sep. 10-Oct. 29 for $1986-$2076/person
- Cephalonia and Ithaca, an 8-day tour available selected dates from Sep. 7-Oct. 5 for $1741-$1779/person
- Best of Ancient Greece, an 11-day tour available selected dates from Sep. 17-Oct. 15 for $2358-$2377
- Central Europe
- oBest of Slovenia, an 8-day tour available selected dates from Sep. 16 and Sep. 23 for $1994-$2049/person
Expert guides lead all of the above walking tours in small groups of usually eight to 12 travelers.
Breakaway Adventures is a tour company that offers relaxed overseas getaways where guests can walk, cycle, trek or barge through the back roads of 30 countries, including Italy, France, Greece and Great Britain. Specializing in self-guided and fully-supported independent tours, the company provides the highest level of service to its customers, managing all the details so they can focus on the adventure at hand. For more information about the company, detailed itineraries or to book a tour, visit www.breakaway-adventures.com or call 1-800-567-6286.