- Great for first time cyclists; gentle traffic-free cycling trails; excellent flexibility
- Excellent *** and **** hotels, some with spas and pools; warm, friendly hoteliers; lovely local cuisine
- Exceptional lakeside routes: swimming opportunities every day
- Fairy tale Salzburg: Baroque palaces, historic castles, stunning gardens
- Lots of 'rest day' choices: boat trips, water sports, mountain rail rides
- GPS route navigation provided and option to rent electric bikes
Our 8-night cycling holiday in the Austrian Lakes is fantastically varied with something to suit travelers of all ages. It's a glorious mix of spectacular scenic views, gentle shoreline routes and swimming opportunities galore. The cycling is graded as one bike-wheel rating, but you can extend your routes on all days.
Every stop brings new discoveries such as St Wolfgang's antique cog railway to the summit of Schafberg, Mozart's museum in St Gilgen, and Mondsee's frescoed high street; the church here was the location of the famous wedding in The Sound of Music! When you prefer a change from cycling, local buses and boats shuttle between delightful lakeside villages making exploration easy. Regional highlights include Emperor Franz Josef's summer residence in Bad Ischl (he declared war on Serbia here, which led to WW1), Gmunden's 'floating' castle, Seeschloss Ort, and its porcelain town hall bells, and an unforgettable paddle steamer on Lake Traun below spectacular mountain peaks, not to mention a trip to Salzburg itself.
Our hotels are extremely friendly and provide a wonderful contrast throughout your holiday, from the centrally located Hotel Leitnerbrau to the Hotel Post on the shores of Attersee, and the lakeside retreat in Gmunden. We have included six evening meals on the holiday, leaving you free to choose from one of Mondsee's inviting restaurants.
Additional Tour Details
||Continental breakfast and 6 evening meals.
||Salzburg airport (Pick up) at 13:35, transfer to hotel, 45 mins
||Salzburg airport (Drop off) by 12:35.
||Add $22 per night
||Room upgrade: Prices from $19 per person, per night based on 2 people sharing. Note: Twin-bedded rooms in Austrian resorts are normally one large base with two mattresses/duvets. Optional electric bikes: Inquire for details and prices.
||**** (5 nights), *** (3 nights)